Congratulations to the new PCAPPA President and Board of Directors
PCAPPA is proud to announce the appointment of the 2017-2018 Board of Directors. This group of talented professionals will lend their expertise, energy, and vision to the ongoing mission of PCAPPA. Visit the Board Members page to meet your new board.
In the pictures at right, outgoing president John Ferris passes the gavel to incoming president Robert Andrews. Click here for more images from the 2017 Joint Conference.
APPA/PCAPPA/BAYAPPA Joint Conference 2017
The 2017 Joint Conference, held in San Francisco, was a huge success! Our members were able to network with educational peers, share and learn new best practices, and discover new approaches to ongoing challenges. Read more >
Portland Community College (PCC) is honored to receive the APPA 2016 Sustainability Award.
This Sustainability Award in Facilities Management is designed to recognize and advance sustainability excellence in educational facilities. This annual award recognizes a facilities management department that has integrated sustainable policies and practices throughout all facets of the organization and embedded them within the educational institution.
Among the college’s many sustainability efforts, some of those highlighted with the award include:
• A strong commitment to sustainability and climate action as outlined in the school Mission, Climate Action Plan and Strategic Plan;
• Innovative waste management practices including on-site composting and mini trash cans;
• Commitment to LEED certification for all new construction;
• Best practices in energy management and efficiency upgrades resulting in over 60% energy savings;
• Efforts to educate and engage the college community through outreach including an annual Eco Challenge and events;
• Curriculum and hands-on educational opportunities like learning gardens, as well as a Sustainability Focus Award;
• Student leadership in sustainability efforts including The Green Initiative Fund; and
• Measuring and reducing scope III emissions through sustainable purchasing, alternative transportation and green cleaning.
If you are interested and have further questions on submitting for this award, pls. contact:
Briar Schoon, PCC Sustainability Manager (email@example.com) or 971.722.8322
PCAPPA is proud to announce the formation of the San Francisco Bay Area (BAYAPPA) Chapter!! Check out their website for more information!
PCAPPA is pleased to announce the International Award Recipients for 2015:
Sustainability Award – San Diego Community College District
Effective & Innovative Practices – University of California San Francisco
Meritorious Service Award – Tony Guerrero
Pacesetter Award – David Woodson
Unsung Heroes Award – Patty Anderson